Calculate Child Support Payments in Illinois
The calculator below will estimate your monthly child support payment based on Illinois' child support guidelines.
To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.
When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Illinois.
What you Need to Know about Illinois Child Support
Parents are legally obligated to provide financial support for their children. Child support is used to gain financial support from the non-custodial parent. In Illinois, child support is determined based on a number of factors, which include:
- The number of children who are the subject of the pending action
- Income of the non-custodial parent
- Cost of family health insurance paid by the non-custodial parent
- Amount of child support paid by the non-custodial parent for children from a previous marriage
- Amount of alimony paid by the non-custodial parent to a spouse from a prior marriage
Whether you live in Springfield, Naperville, Rockford, Joliet, Aurora, or Chicago, the Division of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE) – which is a branch of the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) – can help you locate the non-custodial parent, enforce payment, establish paternity, and more! Visit www.childsupportillinois.com if you would like more information about Illinois child support.