Family Law and Divorce
Popular Family Law Articles
Child Custody & Support
- Determining Child and Spousal Support Amounts The Federal Child Support Enforcement Act has developed guidelines covering a state child support formula that varies in each state.
- How is Child Support Determined In order to establish consistency and predictability in the amount of child support awards, the federal government mandates child support guidelines to be used by the states.
- Ending Child Support Most people believe that when a child turns 18, they can stop paying child support. This is not always true.
- Judges Decide Child Custody - Not KidsAt the end of the day, when parents can't agree, it's up to the judge to decide who gets the kids.
- Deadbeat Dads? This Judge's ViewJust because child support is ordered by the court doesn't mean it will be paid.
- More Articles on Child Custody ...
- Divorce Terminology A divorce may be one of the most complex legal processes that a person encounters in his or her lifetime.
- What Happens in a Divorce? The necessary steps in obtaining a divorce will depend on the particular situation of the parties getting the divorce.
- Divorce Learn more about divorce and family law. An extensive library of resources available to research family law issues.
- Why Divorce and Bankruptcy Often go Hand in Hand Money is the number one stress factor in many relationships.
- Don't Bad-Mouth Divorcing Parents In Front Of Children, Criticizing A Parent Also Hurts Kids Staying neutral when someone we love is going through the agony of divorce can be difficult, but it's one of the kindest things we can do their children.
- Cut Legal Fees With Honesty Lawyer fees don't need to become enormous in divorce cases if the divorcing spouses are honest and reasonable.
- More Articles on Marriage and Divorce ...
Family and Divorce Overview
Family life is never static, but is filled with ups and downs that either enhance or weaken delicate family dynamics. Sometimes, families look forward to upcoming marriages or the adoption of a new child. Other times, families are devastated by loss or the anticipation of an impending divorce. When your family faces difficult times or exciting change it is important to contact a family law lawyer that will take the time to help you explore your options and reach a conclusion that is in the best interest of you and your family.
Family law matters are often complex and are usually handled during periods of high stress and emotion. It can be difficult to make life-impacting decisions under such circumstances. For this reason, it is important to have a family law lawyer help you wade through the chaos. An experienced attorney should be able to help you see the larger issues at play and provide the advice you need to make informed decisions about your future.
There are always questions that arise when families face new possibilities or change structure. A family law attorney should be able to answer any questions you may have, like:
A family law attorney can help individuals in a wide range of matters regarding marriage, divorce, adoption, child custody, spousal support, domestic abuse, grandparents rights and any other matters related to family law.
If you are going through a divorce or need assistance with the legal issues involved with adoption or getting married, seek advice from a family law attorney. A skilled attorney should be able to help you understand the legal ramifications of decisions you have to make and fight to protect your best interests. (Find a Family Law Attorney in your area).