AllLaw.com - Personal Injury, Tort and Accident Information-Legal Information
Talk to a Lawyer
Enter a zip code to speak to Lawyer that serves your area.
Personal injuries occur when an individual sustains physical harm as a result of the willful or negligent behavior of another. The law holds irresponsible people and entities accountable for their actions, allowing injured victims to recover damages that resulted from the accident. Victims are generally able to receive compensation for things like:
- Medical/Doctor bills
- Prescription drug expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of potential future income
- Rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
While personal injury victims may be legally entitled to recover costs associated with their injury, getting that money can be a long and arduous process - especially if you are unaware of the law and your rights as a victim. Additionally, people that are not aware of how much their claim is really worth may be inclined to accept a low offer from an insurance company. An experienced personal injury lawyer can not only help you understand your rights, but help you fight for the money you need and deserve.
A lot of people worry about the cost of hiring an attorney and if they can afford the fees of the attorney, plus the cost of their injury. Most personal injury attorneys are paid on a contingency fee basis. That means they don't get paid unless you get paid. With a contingency fee, attorneys take an agreed upon percentage of the money they recover for you. It is a good idea to make sure you understand the fee arrangement before hiring an attorney to represent you (see Understanding Personal Injury Attorney Fees).
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, like a car accident, it is important to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you avoid making mistakes that may affect the outcome of your claim, provide you with the advice you need to make informed decisions about your situation and help you fight for the maximum amount of money you are entitled to under the law.
- What to do after an Accident - After an accident you need to keep 2 things in mind.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - Slip and fall is a tort that holds property owners accountable for the condition of their premises.
- Misconceptions Of The Automobile Black Box - Every few seconds a vehicle related accident occurs. The causes of these accidents rely on the knowledge and the experience of engineers.
- Civil claims by Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse - There are some adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse who could successfully bring claims to recover money damages from the persons who caused them harm.
- Personal Injury Guide - A comprehensive resource on personal injury claims, lawsuits and laws.
- Crashworthiness Litigation: Recognizing the Automotive Design Defect Case - Despite steady advances being made in auto safety, automobile defects are still widespread.
- Defective Tire Litigation: Recognizing and Pursuing Defective Tire Cases - Because of the publicity surrounding the Firestone tire recall, these types of tire failure incidents have been reported with increasing frequency around the country.
- Back Injury Claims - Millions of Americans are involved in back injury accidents each year. Minor back injuries, such as muscle pulls, heal fairly quickly with little need for medical intervention.
- Kernicterus - A preventable medical disorder that is once again affecting children - Doctors, parents, and lawyers need to be alerted to the re-emergence of a preventable medical disorder that is once again affecting children.
- Personal Injury Lawyers Find a personal injury lawyer and learn about different types of personal injury claims.
Finding a lawyer couldn't be easier! To locate a lawyer in your area choose your state, then your city and then choose a type of law relevant to your situation.