Your legal rights after an accident - from medical treatment to lawsuits and insurance settlements.
Auto Accident Categories
- Car Accident Claims - Find out how to protect your legal rights after a car accident.
- Car Accident Injuries - If you've been injured in a car accident, these articles will help you understand the legal issues.
- Car Accidents & Insurance Issues - Learn about dealing with the insurance companies.
- Fault & Liability - Who caused your accident? Who is on the hook for damages?
- Car Accidents Involving Pedestrians - Learn about the legal issues unique to car-pedestrian accident cases.
Popular Auto Accident Articles
- Uninsured Drivers - When You're involved in a Car Accident with an Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist
- What to Expect in a Car Accident Case - When considering whether to settle or go to trial following a car accident, an individual should weigh the pros and cons of both options.
- Do You Need a Lawyer in a Car Accident Case? - Car accidents involving moderate to severe injuries are usually best handled by an attorney.
- Settling Your Car Accident Case - Get tips on how to make sure you get a fair settlement after a car accident.
- Employer Liability in Car Accident Cases - If a car accident occurs while an individual is driving a vehicle in order to perform his or her work duties or to do something for his or her employer, there may be employer liability. Whether or not an employer will be liable depends on whether there is some legal reason for assigning responsibility to the employer.
Accident Laws By State
There are a few key laws that play an important role in a car accident claim. Specifically, "fault" vs. "no-fault" laws, statute of limitations to file an injury lawsuit, and limits on the amount of compensation available.You can find all these rules for your state in the links below:
We encounter car accidents every day. As we drive to and from work, run errands and cart the kids around to their activities, we daily contend with poor road conditions and drivers that are distracted or impaired in some way. While we do our best to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe on the road, sometimes our efforts are not enough.
When you are involved in an accident as the result of another
driver's negligence, you may be entitled to take legal action to recover
your damages. Damages may include any injuries you sustained as the
result of the accident and any costs you incurred as a result of those
injuries such as medical bills, prescription drug costs, lost wages due
to time missed from work and a number of other possibilities experienced
auto accident lawyer can discuss with you.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of someone else's negligence on the road, it is important to contact an experienced auto accident attorney as soon as possible after your accident. The longer you wait to pursue legal action against the person or party responsible for your damaged vehicle and injuries, the harder it will be to receive the compensation you are entitled to under law. Contacting an attorney soon after your accident will provide you with access to the information and legal representation you need as you deal with insurance companies and the after math of a car accident.
An experienced auto accident lawyer should be prepared to help you through the turmoil you face after a car accident, whether you are dealing with an uninsured/underinsured motorist, drunk driver, distracted driver (e.g., cell phone), aggressive driver or any other traffic offender.
What happens in a moment has the potential to affect the rest of your life. Don't waste time after you've been injured in a car accident. Contact an experienced auto accident attorney to learn how you can fight for the money you need and deserve.