Working in the U.S.

If you're a foreign national and you'd like to work in the United States, you'll need to obtain authorization to do so, and an entry visa (work visa).

Foreign nationals can come to the U.S. for employment purposes in a variety of circumstances. On this page we’ve curated all of our legal information on temporary (nonimmigrant) work visas, employment authorization procedures, and other pertinent rules.

For permanent employment options and employment-based green cards, please see the articles filed under Employment-Based Immigration.

Talk to a Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you