Asylum & Refugee Status

Foreign nationals who are persecuted - or fear they will be - in their home country may be able to seek permanent residence in the United States.

The United States provides asylum (legal residence) to certain foreign nationals. In this section you’ll find information on how the asylum and refugee process works, and who is eligible.

Talk to a Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you