Emily Kendall

Articles By Emily Kendall

What Happens If an Employee on an H-1B Work Permit Quits?
Possible consequences of quitting and ways you may be able remain in lawful status after ending the employment.
Will I Be Able to Reenter the U.S. If I Overstay My Tourist Visa?
Issues to consider when hoping to return to the U.S. after a tourist visa overstay.
Can I Work in the U.S. on a B-2 Tourist Visa? What If I Overstay?
If you've entered the U.S. on a tourist (B-1, B-2) visa, you may be able to apply for a work visa, but you'll need to maintain lawful status while waiting.
U.S. Consulate Denied My Immigrant Visa: What Now?
An outline of the most likely reasons why the consular officer denied your visa and what you can do to continue on a path to a green card.
Do Expunged Records Show Up for Immigration Purposes?
Even if your criminal records were expunged, past crimes could still cause you trouble with immigration applications.
Can an H-2B Visa Holder Get a Green Card?
Learn about the possibilities for becoming a permanent resident if you're in the U.S. on an H-2B work visa.