The form below is a very basic one. Chances are you will need something more comprehensive.
This agreement is attached to and forms a part of the Rental Agreement dated _______________ between ______________________________________, Owners, and _____________________________________________________, Tenants.
Tenants desire to keep the following described pet ___________________________________ in the dwelling they occupy under the Rental Agreement referred to above. Because this agreement specifically prohibits keeping pets without the Owners' permission, Tenants agree to the following terms and conditions in exchange for their permission:
1) Tenants agree to keep their pet under control at all times.
2) Tenants agree to keep their pet restrained, but not tethered, when it is outside their dwelling.
3) Tenants agree to adhere to local ordinances, including leash and licensing requirements.
4) Tenants agree not to leave their pet unattended for unreasonable periods.
5) Tenants agree to clean up after their pet and to dispose of their pet's waste properly and quickly.
6) Tenants agree not to leave food or water for their pet or any other animal outside their dwelling where it may attract other animals.
7) Tenants agree to keep their pet from being unnecessarily noisy or aggressive and causing any annoyance or discomfort to others and will remedy immediately any complaints made through the Owners or Manager.
8) Tenants agree to provide their pet with an identification tag.
9) Tenants agree to place their pets offspring within eight weeks of birth.
10) Tenants agree to pay immediately for any damage, loss, or expense caused by their pet, and in addition, they will add $ ____________ to their security/cleaning deposit, which may be used for cleaning, repairs or delinquent rent when Tenants vacate. This added deposit, or what remains of it when pet damages have been assessed, will be returned to Tenants within ___________ days after they have proved that they no longer keep this pet.
11) Tenants agree that this Agreement applies only to the specific pet described above and that no other pet may be substituted. Tenants agree to furnish the Owners with a picture of their pet.
12) Tenants agree that the Owners reserve the right to revoke permission to keep the pet should the Tenants break this agreement.
These forms are
provided AS IS. They may not be any good. Even if they are good
in one jurisdiction, they may not work in another. And the facts
of your situation may make these forms inappropriate for you.
They are for informational purposes only, and you should consult
an attorney before using them.