Need a contractor agreement form? We've got a few options. Choose from the professional digital forms, or a free boilerplate form.
These digital forms, provided by Nolo, are legally valid in your state, customizable to suit your needs, professionally written, and regularly updated by expert attorneys. Use these if you need to create an enforceable contract.
The form below is a very basic one, using boilerplate language, and is intended for educational purposes only. It has not been vetted by an expert, or updated. It may not be legally valid.
THIS AGREEMENT made this _____day of__________, 20 __, by and between ___________________, (Contractor), and ________________________, (Owner). WITNESSETH, that the Contractor and the Owner for the consideration named agree as follows:
ARTICLE 1. SCOPE OF THE WORK
The Contractor shall furnish all the materials and perform all of the work shown on the drawings and/or described in the specifications on the attached Exhibit A, as it pertains to work to be performed on property located at __________________________________________________.
ARTICLE 2. TIME OF COMPLETION
The parties agree that time is of the essence, and therefore the work to be performed under this Contract shall be commenced on or before the ____ day of ________________, 20____, and shall be substantially completed on or before the ____ day of ________________, 20____.
ARTICLE 3. THE CONTRACT PRICE
The owner shall pay the Contractor the sum of _____________________________ dollars ($ )f or the material and labor to be performed under the Contract, subject to any additions and/or deductions made pursuant to authorized change orders.
ARTICLE 4. PAYMENTS
Payments of the Contract price shall be paid in the following manner:
ARTICLE 5. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. All work shall be completed in a workmanship like manner and in compliance with all building codes and other applicable laws.
2. To the extent required by law all work shall be performed by individuals duly licensed and authorized by law to perform said work.
3. Contractor may at its discretion engage subcontractors to perform work hereunder, provided Contractor shall fully pay said subcontractor and in all instances remain responsible for the proper completion of this Contract.
4. Contractor shall furnish Owner appropriate releases or waivers of lien for all work performed or materials provided at each time periodic payment is made hereunder.
5. All change orders shall be in writing and signed by both Owner and Contractor.
6. Contractor warrants it is adequately insured for injury to its employees and any others incurring loss or injury as a result of the acts of Contractor or its employees and subcontractors.
7. Contractor shall at its own expense obtain all permits necessary for the work to be performed.
8. Contractor agrees to remove all debris and leave the premises in broom clean condition.
9. In the event Owner shall fail to pay any periodic or installment payment due hereunder, Contractor may cease work without breach pending payment or resolution of any dispute.
10. All disputes hereunder shall be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
11. Contractor shall not be liable for any delay due to circumstances beyond its control including strikes, casualty or general unavailability of materials.
12. Contractor warrants all work for a period of __________ months following completion.
Signed this ____day of________________, 20____.