Calculate Child Support Payments in Washington D.C.

The calculator below will estimate your monthly child support payment based on The District of Columbia's child support guidelines.

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Washington D.C.

Enforcing Child Support in Washington, D.C.

When a court-ordered child support arrangement is in place, the non-custodial parent is obligated to make timely child support payments to the custodial parent. When a non-custodial parent fails to comply with court-ordered child support, there is help for custodial parents. Below are several actions you should take if you are not receiving monthly child support payments.

Contact the Department of Human Services Child Support Services Division (CSSD) The first action you should take if you are not receiving monthly child support payments is to contact the District of Columbia Department of Human Services Child Support Services Division (CSSD). The CSSD is a government program designed to aid families in all matters related to child support. You can access the CSSD's website at .

Tell Child Support Services about your Situation When you contact the CSSD, be prepared to share the history of receiving (or not receiving) child support payments from the non-custodial parent.

Ask About Services to Enforce Child Support The CSSD has a number of methods to help enforce child support payments from a delinquent parent. Some of these methods include:

  • Suspending licenses (i.e., professional licenses, hunting/fishing licenses, driver licenses)
  • Intercepting income tax refunds
  • Requiring automatic income deduction
  • Withholding unemployment benefits
  • Placing property liens
  • Reporting past due payments to the credit reporting bureaus
  • Denying or revoking passports

The CSSD can advise you on the best course of action to take for your situation and even help you track down an absent parent if you no longer know where they live or how to contact them.

Considering Divorce?
Talk to a Divorce attorney.
We've helped 85 clients find attorneys today.
There was a problem with the submission. Please refresh the page and try again
Full Name is required
Email is required
Please enter a valid Email
Phone Number is required
Please enter a valid Phone Number
Zip Code is required
Please add a valid Zip Code
Please enter a valid Case Description
Description is required

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you