Calculate Child Support Payments in Alaska  

The calculator below will estimate your monthly child support payment based on Alaska's child support guidelines.

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Alaska.

Frequently Asked Questions about Alaska Child Support

What agency handles child support matters in Alaska?
The Alaska Child Support Services Division (CSSD) handles all matters related to child support in Alaska, including: locating non-custodial parents, determining paternity, establishing child support orders, enforcing child support orders, modifying child support orders and providing direct deposit of child support.

How much will I owe/receive in child support every month?
Monthly child support payments are determined by state guidelines that set the amount owed. If one parent has primary custody, a percentage of the non-custodial parent's gross income will be taken into consideration when determining support. If both parents will share physical custody, child support will be determined based on both parent's income. You can learn more about these guidelines by visiting

How is child support paid by the non-custodial parent?
Wage withholding is the typical arrangement for child support orders. Other arrangement may be agreed upon by both parents, but should the non-custodial parent fall behind on payments (even only one month), wage withholding will immediately begin to ensure that child support is being paid.

Can child support payments be modified?
Child support payments can be modified when a parent's financial situation changes or if significant time has passed and the order needs to be updated. If your child support was set in place by the court, the Alaska Child Support Services Division can help you through that process and make a recommendation for a new support order, but they cannot modify the order; only the court can.

What can I do if I disagree with a child support order?
As a parent, you are entitled to a hearing in which you can challenge the court's decision regarding child support.

Can I get a child support order if I am separated, but not divorced?
You can apply for child support with the CSSD if you are not yet divorced.

If you need help with child support in Alaska—whether you're in Anchorage, Juneau, Fairbanks or Wasilla—visit the CSSD website at

Considering Divorce?
Talk to a Divorce attorney.
We've helped 85 clients find attorneys today.
There was a problem with the submission. Please refresh the page and try again
Full Name is required
Email is required
Please enter a valid Email
Phone Number is required
Please enter a valid Phone Number
Zip Code is required
Please add a valid Zip Code
Please enter a valid Case Description
Description is required

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you