Talk to a Local Lawyer Today
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
It's something that no one hopes to ever experience, but sadly, it's something that almost half of all married couples will go through in the United States. While emotions tend to run high for couples going through a divorce, it is important to make decisions with a level head as these decisions have the potential to affect the rest of your life.
Much is at stake when couples face divorce: child custody, property division and spousal support to name a few. For this reason, it is important to contact a divorce lawyer who will help you navigate through the emotional turmoil you face and help protect you and your interests during this difficult time.
Going through a divorce is a severing of marital ties. It not only nullifies the marriage, but sets the terms of property division, child custody, child support, spousal support and other responsibilities. Agreements that you make in your divorce settlement are legally binding. If you are not aware of the laws surrounding these issues, you may unknowingly give up some of your rights. It is a good idea to at least consult a lawyer, even if your divorce is relatively simple.
Settling a divorce can be very difficult when couples cannot reconcile differences. When irreconcilable differences arise in the course of a marriage, it is important to consult a divorce lawyer. A skilled divorce attorney can help you negotiate child custody and visitation arrangements, fight for a fair distribution of property and assist you with developing a plan of action while advising you and fighting for what is important to you.
During the difficult times that come with divorce, it is important to have someone looking out for your best interests. Even if you just want everything to be over quickly, it is important to realize that rash decisions will not make your life easier in the long run. Take the time to get the legal advice and representation you need (Find a Divorce Attorney in your state).
Child Support Calculators
- Child Support Calculators - A calculator to estimate child support payments for each state depending on factors such as the number of children, the income of the parents, etc.
- How is Child Support Determined In order to establish consistency and predictability in the amount of child support awards, the federal government mandates child support guidelines to be used by the states.
- Child Custody for Fathers Nothing in a divorce can be more paralyzing than the thought of losing your children or missing out on key moments in their life. As a father, you may be concerned that your wife will automatically receive primary custody of your children.
- Chameleon Kids Divorced parents need to love their children more than they hate each other in order to prevent the chameleon effect.
- A Child Cries; Parents Misinterpret There are many possible reasons why children resist going from one parent to the other.
- Father Visitation Rights Visitation rights are a myth. Neither parent is inherently entitled to visitation rights when going through a divorce.
- It Doesn't Pay To Lie To Children To protect a child from the truth, unless there are serious and extenuating circumstances, is only to delay reality and cause confusion.;
- More Articles on Child Custody ...
Marriage and Divorce
- Divorce Terminology A divorce may be one of the most complex legal processes that a person encounters in his or her lifetime.
- What Happens in a Divorce? The necessary steps in obtaining a divorce will depend on the particular situation of the parties getting the divorce.
- Divorce Divorce can be a trying time. This site covers everything you'll need to know, from the divorce process, child custody and support, alimony, property division and more.
- Why Divorce and Bankruptcy Often go Hand in Hand Money is the number one stress factor in many relationships.
- "Good Providers" Can Be Rotten At Marriage The belief seems to be that by providing money one will have met his responsibilities and deserve to be acclaimed an accomplished parent and spouse. But that's not how it works.
- Don't Bad-Mouth Divorcing Parents In Front Of Children, Criticizing A Parent Also Hurts Kids Staying neutral when someone we love is going through the agony of divorce can be difficult, but it's one of the kindest things we can do their children.
- Cut Legal Fees With Honesty Lawyer fees don't need to become enormous in divorce cases if the divorcing spouses are honest and reasonable.
- Drug Abusers Delude Selves People who use drugs or alcohol often seem surprised when others question what they say, but one casualty of substance abuse is credibility.
- Parents Teach Children to Hold Grudges When a parent says one thing but does the opposite, it is the behavior that the child learns from, not the words.
- More Articles on Marriage and Divorce ...
Divorce Attorneys By State
- Separation Agreement
- Termination of Separation Agreement
- Reconciliation Agreement
- Agreement for Visitation by Natural Parents
- Agreement to Terminate Cohabitation
- Application for Change of Name
- The ABA Center on Children and the Law To improve children's lives through advances in law, justice, knowledge, practice, and public policy
- ABA Family Law Highlights, committees, publications, reports, family law links
- Alliance for Non-Custodial Parents Rights - dedicated to preserving and promoting the civil and inalienable human rights of non-custodial parents.
- Association for Children for Enforcement of Support (ACES) - non-profit organization providing information about legal rights and remedies for collecting child support and resolving visitation problems.
- Divorce Lawyers - While many divorce attorneys offer credible services to their clients, we at DivorceLawfirms.com do that and more. Because we have made it our goal to provide straight answers to all questions about divorce, you are assured that when you visit Straight Divorce, you will find straight answers and clear solutions.