Rental Agreement (Month-to-Month)
If you need to create a month-to-month rental agreement, you don't need a lawyer. These professional legal forms can do the job, and we have a free template as a reference document.
If you need to create a month-to-month rental agreement, see the following legal forms. We've got professional, customizable, digital forms, and a free boilerplate form for a template reference.
These digital forms, provided by Nolo, are legally valid in your state, customizable to suit your needs, professionally written, and regularly updated by expert attorneys. Use these if you need to create an enforceable contract. They can create fixed-term lease contracts as well as month-to-month rental agreements.
Free Basic Form Template
The form below is a very basic one, using boilerplate language, and is intended for educational purposes only. It has not been vetted by an expert, or updated. It may not be legally valid.
RENTAL AGREEMENT (MONTH-TO-MONTH)
Agreement between _____________________________________________________, Owner, and _____________________________________________________, Tenant, for a dwelling located at _____________________________________________________(Location).
Tenant agrees to rent this dwelling on a month-to-month basis for $ _______ per month, payable in advance on the ______ day of the calendar month.
The first month's rent for this dwelling is $ ______________.
The security/cleaning deposit on this dwelling is $ _________. It is refundable if Tenant leaves the dwelling reasonably clean and undamaged.
Tenant will give ______ days notice in writing before moving and will be responsible for paying rent through the end of this notice period or until another tenant approved by the Owners has moved in, whichever comes first.
Owners will refund all deposits due within _________ days after Tenant has moved out completely and returned the keys.
Only the following persons _____________________________________________________and pets _____________________________________________________are to live in this dwelling.
Without Owners' prior written permission, no other persons may live there and no other pets may stay there, nor may the dwelling be sublet or used for business purposes.
Remarks (if any):
TENANT AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
1) to accept the dwelling "as is," having already inspected it.
2) to keep yards and garbage areas clean.
3) to keep from making loud noises and disturbances and to play music and broadcast programs at all times so as not to disturb other people's peace and quiet.
4) not to paint the dwelling without first getting written permission from the Owner.
5) to park motor vehicles in the assigned space and to keep that space clean of oil drippings and grease.
6) not to repair motor vehicle on the premises (unless it is in an enclosed garage) if such repairs will take longer than a day.
7) to allow Owner to inspect the dwelling, work on it, or show it to prospective tenants at any and all reasonable times.
8) not to keep any liquid-filled furniture in this dwelling.
9) to pay rent by check or money order made payable to the Owner(returned checks will have applicable late payment fees).
10) to pay for repairs of all damage, they or their guests have caused.
11) to pay for any windows broken in the dwelling while they live there.
Violation of any part of this Agreement or nonpayment of rent when due shall be cause for eviction under applicable code sections.
Tenant hereby acknowledges that he has read this Agreement, understands it, agrees to it, and has been given a copy.