This space intentionally set to be hidden.

Utah Child Support Calculator

Talk to a Child Support Lawyer

Need legal help? Enter your zip code:

Find a Child Support Lawyer

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Utah.

Disclaimer: Please remember that these calculators are for informational and educational purposes only. The amount of child support a court will order for any particular case may be different from the amount estimated by the calculator.

For the most part, these calculators assume that all of the children at issue will primarily live with one parent. They are not intended to estimate child support for joint physical custody or split custody arrangements.

These calculators do not take into account any possible adjustments for children who are not subject to the custody order, but who are living with one of the parents. Finally, these calculators may be based on older or outdated state guidelines or calculations and may not take into consideration state or federal tax implications on income.

These and many other factors can affect a child support order entered by a court.

Frequently Asked Questions about Utah Child Support

Where can I get help with child support issues?
The Utah Department of Human Services Office of Recovery Services (ORS) offers child support services to Utah residents. ORS can help establish paternity, locate an absent parent, establish child support, modify child support and enforce child support orders.

Who does ORS help?
ORS services are automatically available to any family receiving public assistance. If you are not receiving public assistance, but need help with child support issues, you may apply for services with ORS. The application is available at

What tax issues do I need to be aware of with child support?
Child support is not considered taxable income. That means, the parent who receives child support payments does not have to claim that money on their federal income tax return. The parent who pays child support may not deduct any amount of child support paid from his or her taxable income.

How are monthly child support payments calculated?
Monthly child support payments are calculated by using a formula established by the Utah State Legislature. Things that are considered in determining the amount of child support payments include: each parent’s income, the child’s needs, the number of children needing support and other factors.

Can I change a child support order in the future?
Child support may be modified to reflect changes in either parent’s income and ability to provide support and any additional needs of a child or children.

Can ORS help me with child custody issues?

ORS does not have authority to assist families with child custody issues. If you need help with matters related to child custody, it is a good idea to speak with an experienced Utah family law lawyer.

Find a Local Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys