This space intentionally set to be hidden.

Indiana Child Support Calculator

Need legal help? Speak with a local lawyer:

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Indiana.

Disclaimer: Please remember that these calculators are for informational and educational purposes only. The amount of child support a court will order for any particular case may be different from the amount estimated by the calculator.

For the most part, these calculators assume that all of the children at issue will primarily live with one parent. They are not intended to estimate child support for joint physical custody or split custody arrangements.

These calculators do not take into account any possible adjustments for children who are not subject to the custody order, but who are living with one of the parents. Finally, these calculators may be based on older or outdated state guidelines or calculations and may not take into consideration state or federal tax implications on income.

These and many other factors can affect a child support order entered by a court.

What you Need to Know About Indiana Child Support

When a family breaks up, the children are still entitled to the love and care that they received when their family was a single unit. The Indiana Child Support Bureau helps enforce child support orders to ensure that children of divorce receive the benefits they have a right to. They also offer many services related to child support, including:

  • Locating a non-custodial parent
  • Establishing paternity
  • Collecting current and delinquent payments
  • Enforcing medical care and financial support 
  • Reviewing and modifying support orders 

How do I receive child support?
In Indiana, child support is processed through the Child Support Bureau. You may receive child support by check, direct deposit, or it may be deposited for you onto the Hoosier Works MasterCard – a commercial debit account (CDA).

The non-custodial parent isn’t paying. What can I do?
If you are not receiving your child support payments because the non-custodial parent has stopped paying, there are many steps that the Child Support Bureau can take to recover your money, including wage garnishment, federal tax offset (intercept), state tax offset (intercept) and more.

If you would like to find more information about child support in Indiana, please visit:

Find a Local Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys