This space intentionally set to be hidden.

Colorado Child Support Calculator

Consult with a local child support lawyer:

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Colorado.

Disclaimer: Please remember that these calculators are for informational and educational purposes only. The amount of child support a court will order for any particular case may be different from the amount estimated by the calculator.

For the most part, these calculators assume that all of the children at issue will primarily live with one parent. They are not intended to estimate child support for joint physical custody or split custody arrangements.

These calculators do not take into account any possible adjustments for children who are not subject to the custody order, but who are living with one of the parents. Finally, these calculators may be based on older or outdated state guidelines or calculations and may not take into consideration state or federal tax implications on income.

These and many other factors can affect a child support order entered by a court.

Modifying Child Support in Colorado

Once your child support orders are in place, you may think that you’re free of having to deal with legal issues related to child support. Unfortunately, and fortunately, child support orders are never set in stone. Since many life circumstances cannot be predicted or anticipated, child support orders may be modified to reflect current life circumstances.

For example, if the non-custodial parent loses his or her job or obtains a substantial increase in income, a child support order may be modified to reflect those changes if those changes are significant and lasting. Obviously, a parent without a job will have difficulty making child support payments, while a parent who just landed a new job or received a significant raise should be able to offer more financial support for his or her children.

To modify child support in Colorado, the change in monthly child support must amount to at least 10%. If a modification is granted, the new child support order will be applied retroactively to the date that you filed your Motion. To file for a modification, there are a variety of forms you may need to fill out, including documents like:

  • Certificate of Compliance with Mandatory Financial Disclosure
  • Sworn Financial Statement
  • Support Order
  • Verified Motion to Modify Child Support
  • Stipulation Regarding Child Support Modification 

These and other forms you may need can be accessed online at

If you are not sure how to proceed with your child support modification in Colorado, it may be a good idea to consult with a lawyer. A lawyer can provide you with the information you need to file a motion to modify child support and help you throughout the entire legal process whether you live in Denver, Aurora, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Boulder or elsewhere in the state.

Find a Local Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys