This space intentionally set to be hidden.

Maryland Child Support Calculator

Need a lawyer? Choose an area of practice:

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Maryland.

Disclaimer: Please remember that these calculators are for informational and educational purposes only. The amount of child support a court will order for any particular case may be different from the amount estimated by the calculator.

For the most part, these calculators assume that all of the children at issue will primarily live with one parent. They are not intended to estimate child support for joint physical custody or split custody arrangements.

These calculators do not take into account any possible adjustments for children who are not subject to the custody order, but who are living with one of the parents. Finally, these calculators may be based on older or outdated state guidelines or calculations and may not take into consideration state or federal tax implications on income.

These and many other factors can affect a child support order entered by a court.

Help for Receiving Maryland Child Support

In the state of Maryland, child support issues are handled by the Maryland Child Support Enforcement Program (CSEP) which is a division of the Department of Human Resources. The CSEP can offer many services to families of divorce. Whether you live in Gaithersburg, Bowie, Hagerstown, Rockville, Baltimore, Frederick, or elsewhere in the state, the CSEP can offer you these services:

  • Locating the non-custodial parent
  • Establishing legal paternity
  • Obtaining a court order for child support and health insurance
  • Collecting child support payments
  • Enforcing the court order
  • Reviewing and modifying the court ordered child support amount

When you are having trouble receiving child support payments from your child’s non-custodial parent, the CSEP has a number of tactics they can use to recover the funds:

  • Withhold money from unemployment benefits and wages
  • Intercept state and federal tax refunds
  • Report the delinquent payer to the credit bureau
  • Report parent owing past due payments to the Motor Vehicle Administration for driver’s license suspension
  • Intercept lottery winnings
  • Bring Contempt of Court actions against delinquent parents
  • Refer cases for Federal prosecution when non-custodial parents skip state to avoid paying child support

For more information about Maryland child support services and guidelines, please visit:

Find a Local Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys