Calculate Child Support Payments in Kansas 

The calculator below will estimate your monthly child support payment based on Kansas's child support guidelines.

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Kansas.

Things you Need to Know about Kansas Child Support

In Kansas, the Child Support Enforcement (CSE) Program through the Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services handles child support matters to ensure that Kansas children receive the benefits of both parents’ economical situation, even though their parents are no longer together. You can learn more about the services CSE provides and apply for services at

How the CSE can help you:

Establishing paternity
Unfortunately, sometimes there are complications when it comes to establishing child support orders. Sometimes, the father may not be willing to acknowledge his relationship to the child and legal paternity has to be verified. Or, a mother may need assistance in establishing the paternity of her child. In these cases, the CSE can help get a court order for a paternity test.

Locating an absentee parent
The CSE can help you locate a non-custodial parent who is currently MIA. Through tax documents, new hire forms, and other means, the CSE can try to track down a non-custodial parent – even if he or she lives in another state. Because a support order cannot be established until the CSE knows where the non-custodial parent lives and/or works, it is important that you enlist their services if you don’t know the whereabouts of the non-custodial parent.

Enforcing payment
In Kansas, child support is established by the court, but can be enforced through the CSE. The CSE has a number of different methods for ensuring that the non-custodial parent pays what he or she is required to. These methods include: an income-withholding order, passport denial, recreational license denial, driver’s license restriction, credit bureau reporting, interception of tax refunds, and Contempt of Court.

Talk to a Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you