This space intentionally set to be hidden.

West Virginia Child Support Calculator

Need legal help? Speak with a local lawyer:

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in West Virginia.

Disclaimer: Please remember that these calculators are for informational and educational purposes only. The amount of child support a court will order for any particular case may be different from the amount estimated by the calculator.

For the most part, these calculators assume that all of the children at issue will primarily live with one parent. They are not intended to estimate child support for joint physical custody or split custody arrangements.

These calculators do not take into account any possible adjustments for children who are not subject to the custody order, but who are living with one of the parents. Finally, these calculators may be based on older or outdated state guidelines or calculations and may not take into consideration state or federal tax implications on income.

These and many other factors can affect a child support order entered by a court.

How the West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement can Help You

The West Virginia Bureau for Child Support (BCSE) is a government agency that assists families with matters related to child support. Their main services include:

Establishing Paternity
If you had a child outside of a marriage relationship, you may need to establish legal paternity in order to collect child support payments from your child’s father. BCSE can assist you with establishing legal paternity.

Locating an Absent Parent
If your child’s other parent is absent and you do not know how to contact them or where they live, BCSE has services to help locate him or her so that child support orders may be arranged.

Establishing Child Support
If a child support order was not included in your divorce or separation agreement, BCSE can assist you with getting a child support order. Ultimately, the court must establish a child support order; BCSE has services that can help you through this process.

Modifying Child Support
If either parent’s financial situation changes, child support orders may be modified to reflect the change in income. BCSE can assist families in modifying child support orders through the court.

Enforcing Child Support
If a non-custodial parent is not paying court-ordered child support, BCSE has a number of methods they can utilize to help enforce a child support order. These methods include things like:

  • Wage garnishment
  • Tax refund withholding
  • License revocation or denial (including professional licenses, drivers licenses and hunting/fishing licenses)
  • Contempt of Court

If you receive public assistance (e.g., TANF, Food Stamps, Medicaid), you are eligible to receive services from BCSE. Families who do not receive public assistance must apply for services.

Find a Local Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys