Calculate Child Support Payments in Rhode Island
The calculator below will estimate your monthly child support payment based on Rhode Island's child support guidelines.
Talk To a Family Law Attorney
Need legal help? Start here:
To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.
When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Rhode Island.
Information about Rhode Island Child Support
In Rhode Island, child support issues are handled by the Office of Child Support Services which is a division of the Department of Human Services. Following you will find information about Rhode Island’s Office of Child Support Services.
If you are receiving FIP benefits, RIte Care benefits, or other public assistance for your children, you will automatically be enrolled in the child support program through OCSS. Parents who are not receiving public assistance are welcome to apply as well.
There is a one-time non-refundable $20 fee for services unless you are receiving FIP or RIte Care benefits, or other public assistance.
- Establish paternity
- Establish a child support order
- Collect payments
- Disbursement of child support payments
- Review support orders
- Request that the court modify a support order
Services not available
- Legal representation
- Help with visitation or custody issues
- Spousal support or alimony help
- Hiring private investigators to determine if non-custodial parent is failing to report all income
When to contact OCSS
When you are enrolled for services through OCSS, there are several occasions in which you must notify OCSS:
- Your address or phone number changes
- You change your social security number
- You change your driver’s license number
- You change jobs
- Your employer’s name, address, or phone number changes
- The court orders a custody arrangement change
- You receive another court order