Rhode Island Child Support Calculator

AllLaw Legal Calculators
Related Books MORE >>

Related Law Topics
Find a Lawyer

Need Professional Help?

Talk to a Child Support Lawyer

Popular Articles

Related Ads
Talk to a Child Support Lawyer Today
Enter your zip code to find a local child support attorney
searchbox small

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Rhode Island.

Disclaimer: Please remember that these calculators are for informational and educational purposes only. The amount of child support a court will order for any particular case may be different from the amount estimated by the calculator.

For the most part, these calculators assume that all of the children at issue will primarily live with one parent. They are not intended to estimate child support for joint physical custody or split custody arrangements.

These calculators do not take into account any possible adjustments for children who are not subject to the custody order, but who are living with one of the parents. Finally, these calculators may be based on older or outdated state guidelines or calculations and may not take into consideration state or federal tax implications on income.

These and many other factors can affect a child support order entered by a court.

Information about Rhode Island Child Support

In Rhode Island, child support issues are handled by the Office of Child Support Services which is a division of the Department of Human Services. Following you will find information about Rhode Island’s Office of Child Support Services. 

If you are receiving FIP benefits, RIte Care benefits, or other public assistance for your children, you will automatically be enrolled in the child support program through OCSS. Parents who are not receiving public assistance are welcome to apply as well.

There is a one-time non-refundable $20 fee for services unless you are receiving FIP or RIte Care benefits, or other public assistance.

Services available

  • Establish paternity
  • Establish a child support order
  • Collect payments
  • Disbursement of child support payments
  • Review support orders
  • Request that the court modify a support order

Services not available

  • Legal representation
  • Help with visitation or custody issues
  • Spousal support or alimony help
  • Hiring private investigators to determine if non-custodial parent is failing to report all income

When to contact OCSS
When you are enrolled for services through OCSS, there are several occasions in which you must notify OCSS:

  • Your address or phone number changes
  • You change your social security number
  • You change your driver’s license number
  • You change jobs
  • Your employer’s name, address, or phone number changes
  • The court orders a custody arrangement change
  • You receive another court order

Talk to a Lawyer

Want to talk to an attorney? Start here.
how it works 1
Briefly tell us about your case
how it works 2
Provide your contact information
how it works 1
Choose attorneys to contact you