Calculate Child Support Payments in North Dakota
The calculator below will estimate your monthly child support payment based on North Dakota's child support guidelines.
Talk To a Family Law Attorney
Need legal help? Start here:
To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.
When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in North Dakota.
North Dakota Child Support Collection Methods
In North Dakota, child support cases are handled by the Child Support Enforcement Program (CSE) – a division of the Department of Human Services. This program offers many services to parents for the benefit of their children. One such service involves enforcing child support orders by ensuring that the parent who is responsible for child support makes payments in full, and on time. Following are some of the methods that CSE can employ to enforce a child support order:
- Arrears registry – for debt over $2,000
- Automatic withdrawal from bank account
- Bonds and securities
- Reporting to the credit bureau
- Contempt of court
- Federal criminal prosecution
- Deduction order
- Domestic relations orders
- Wage garnishment
- Income withholding
- License suspension
- Liens on real and personal property
- Intercepting lottery winnings
- National medical support notice
- Denial of passport
- Conviction of willful nonpayment
- State and federal tax refund intercepted
- Writs of judicial and administrative execution
In order for the CSE to be able to enforce child support orders, you must do your job and cooperate in identifying the non-custodial parent, establishing paternity, and obtaining support orders.