This space intentionally set to be hidden.

New Jersey Child Support Calculator

Need a lawyer? Choose an area of practice:

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in New Jersey.

Disclaimer: Please remember that these calculators are for informational and educational purposes only. The amount of child support a court will order for any particular case may be different from the amount estimated by the calculator.

For the most part, these calculators assume that all of the children at issue will primarily live with one parent. They are not intended to estimate child support for joint physical custody or split custody arrangements.

These calculators do not take into account any possible adjustments for children who are not subject to the custody order, but who are living with one of the parents. Finally, these calculators may be based on older or outdated state guidelines or calculations and may not take into consideration state or federal tax implications on income.

These and many other factors can affect a child support order entered by a court.

How to Apply for New Jersey Child Support

Children deserve the benefit of having the financial support of both parents, even when those parents are no longer married. Child support cases in New Jersey are handled by the
New Jersey Child Support Agency (CSA) – a division of the New Jersey Department of Human Services. 

If you would like to apply for New Jersey child support services, you can contact a local child support county office near you. Whether you live in Paterson, Edison, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Toms River, Newark, or elsewhere in the state, you should be able to apply for child support services.

You will need to fill out an application for services. This application can be obtained directly online or you can get it from your county’s Board of Social Services, Welfare Office, or Family Court.

There is a one-time non-refundable $6 fee that must be submitted with the application. If you are receiving public assistance, your fee will be waived.

In New Jersey, you have the option of enrolling in full child support services or partial services. Full services include:

  • Locating the non-custodial
  • Establishing paternity
  • Medical support
  • Monitoring

Partial services include one or a few of the above services. There is a $6 fee per service. Monitoring, however, costs $25 a year.

Find a Local Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys