This space intentionally set to be hidden.

Nebraska Child Support Calculator

Talk to a Child Support Lawyer

Need legal help? Enter your zip code:

Find a Child Support Lawyer

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Nebraska.

Disclaimer: Please remember that these calculators are for informational and educational purposes only. The amount of child support a court will order for any particular case may be different from the amount estimated by the calculator.

For the most part, these calculators assume that all of the children at issue will primarily live with one parent. They are not intended to estimate child support for joint physical custody or split custody arrangements.

These calculators do not take into account any possible adjustments for children who are not subject to the custody order, but who are living with one of the parents. Finally, these calculators may be based on older or outdated state guidelines or calculations and may not take into consideration state or federal tax implications on income.

These and many other factors can affect a child support order entered by a court.

Services Offered through the Nebraska Child Support Enforcement Department

If you qualify for services with the Nebraska Child Support Enforcement (CSE) Department, you can receive the benefit of the following services:

Locating Parents
If you are unable to find a non-custodial parent and you are trying to establish a child support order, CSE can assist you. Through new hire reporting, IRS, credit records, and other kinds of data, CSE may be able to locate a missing parent for the purposes of child support. 

Establishing Paternity
In Nebraska, if you would like to determine the paternity of your child, there are a few ways to go about it:

  • At birth – while still in the hospital – the parents can sign an Acknowledgement of Paternity form
  • Through genetic testing

For more information about establishing paternity please visit the CSE website at:

Entering and Modifying a Nebraska Child Support Order
Before you can initiate a child support order through CSE, you must apply for services. If you are deemed eligible, you need to provide the case worker with basic information about yourself and the non-custodial parent. CSE can perform a review of a child support order once every three years. If there is a substantial change in child support, CSE may refer your case to the court for a modification. Since only the court can establish an initial support order, only the court can make a modification in your child support.

Enforcing Child Support Orders
CSE can help enforce payment of child support if the non-custodial parent is not paying their court-ordered obligation. The many ways CSE can enforce child support orders include:

  • Intercepting state and federal tax refunds
  • Withholding income
  • Credit reporting
  • Denying passports
  • Suspending driver’s licenses
  • Court enforcement

Find a Local Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys