Calculate Child Support Payments in Minnesota
The calculator below will estimate your monthly child support payment based on Minnesota's child support guidelines.
Talk To a Family Law Attorney
Need legal help? Start here:
To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.
When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Minnesota.
Applying for Minnesota Child Support Services
If you are in need of child support services in Minnesota, you can apply through your county child support agency. Locations include: Minneapolis, St. Paul, Rochester, Duluth, St. Cloud, and elsewhere in the state.
In order to apply for child support services through the Child Support Enforcement Division (CSED) – a branch of the Minnesota Department of Human Services – you must pay a $25 non-refundable fee. Some individuals may be able to have the fee waived. Check with the Minnesota CSED for criteria to determine if you are eligible for child support services: http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/id_000160.
In Minnesota, you can either apply for full child support services or income-withholding only services. Following is a breakdown of each type of service:
Full Child Support Services
- Locating the non-custodial parent
- Establishing paternity
- Obtaining court orders for medical care and child support
- Reviewing and requesting modification of child support orders
- Adjusting child support based on the cost-of-living (COLA) index’
- Enforcing payment in Minnesota and other states
- Processing and distributing payments
- Withholding income for payment
Income-Withholding Only Services
- Processing income withholding payments made by the non-custodial parent
- Distributing child support payments
Please speak with a CSED case worker to determine which type of service best suits you and your child/ren’s needs.