Calculate Child Support Payments in Maryland
The calculator below will estimate your monthly child support payment based on Maryland's child support guidelines.
To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.
When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Maryland.
Help for Receiving Maryland Child Support
In the state of Maryland, child support issues are handled by the Maryland Child Support Enforcement Program (CSEP) which is a division of the Department of Human Resources. The CSEP can offer many services to families of divorce. Whether you live in Gaithersburg, Bowie, Hagerstown, Rockville, Baltimore, Frederick, or elsewhere in the state, the CSEP can offer you these services:
- Locating the non-custodial parent
- Establishing legal paternity
- Obtaining a court order for child support and health insurance
- Collecting child support payments
- Enforcing the court order
- Reviewing and modifying the court ordered child support amount
When you are having trouble receiving child support payments from your child’s non-custodial parent, the CSEP has a number of tactics they can use to recover the funds:
- Withhold money from unemployment benefits and wages
- Intercept state and federal tax refunds
- Report the delinquent payer to the credit bureau
- Report parent owing past due payments to the Motor Vehicle Administration for driver’s license suspension
- Intercept lottery winnings
- Bring Contempt of Court actions against delinquent parents
- Refer cases for Federal prosecution when non-custodial parents skip state to avoid paying child support
For more information about Maryland child support services and guidelines, please visit: