This space intentionally set to be hidden.

Kentucky Child Support Calculator

Talk to a Child Support Lawyer

Need legal help? Enter your zip code:

Find a Child Support Lawyer

To use the child support calculator, select or enter the appropriate information next to each statement.

When you have completed the form, click on the calculate button to get an estimate of the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent will have to pay to the custodial parent in Kentucky.

Disclaimer: Please remember that these calculators are for informational and educational purposes only. The amount of child support a court will order for any particular case may be different from the amount estimated by the calculator.

For the most part, these calculators assume that all of the children at issue will primarily live with one parent. They are not intended to estimate child support for joint physical custody or split custody arrangements.

These calculators do not take into account any possible adjustments for children who are not subject to the custody order, but who are living with one of the parents. Finally, these calculators may be based on older or outdated state guidelines or calculations and may not take into consideration state or federal tax implications on income.

These and many other factors can affect a child support order entered by a court.

Important Facts for Custodial Parents about Kentucky Child Support

How much will I be able to receive in child support?
Though you can’t determine an exact amount of child support that you may be able to receive before you get your actual child support order, there are ways to estimate how much you may be eligible for. Kentucky has set forth guidelines for how to determine how much a non-custodial parent should pay in child support. Some of these factors include:

  • The number of children who are the subject of the pending action
  • Gross monthly income of both parents
  • Amount of alimony and child support paid by the non-custodial parent as a result of a previous marriage
  • Amount of alimony and child support paid by the custodial parent from a prior marriage
  • Cost of daycare 
  • Cost of family health insurance

What can I do if my ex-spouse won’t pay?
In Kentucky, child support orders are enforced through the Child Support Enforcement program (CSE), which is a division of the Department for Income Support. The CSE has many resources at their fingertips that can help them enforce your child support order. Some of the tactics they might take include intercepting the non-custodial parent’s state and/or federal tax refunds, withholding income, suspending his or her driver’s license, intercepting lottery winnings, and passport denial.

In order for CSE to enforce your child support order, however, you must first contact your local child support office, apply for services, and request that enforcement action be taken.

For more information about child support in Kentucky – whether you live in Richmond, Williamsburg, Covington, Lexington, Bowling Green, or Louisville – visit the CSE website at:


Find a Local Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys