Wills and Trusts Articles
Talk to a Local Lawyer Today
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
- The Anatomy of a Living Trust A trust allows you to gather together in one document all your significant property.
- Distributions From a Living Trust In general, you may choose anyone or any entity you wish to be your beneficiaries.
- Estate Taxes Estate planning is the process of organizing your financial and personal interests so that your wishes are met with a minimum of inconvenience and expense to your family.
- Living Trust vs. Will Compare the advantages and disadvantages.
- Married and Unmarried Couples Both married and unmarried couples can create living trusts.
- Probate, and Reasons to Avoid It Probate is the legal process that the courts use to implement a will.
- Transferring Property to Your Living Trust In order to take advantage of the benefits of a living trust, you must transfer property into the trust.
- Updating Your Estate Plan It's a good idea to update your estate plan every few years or after the occurrence of significant life events.
- What is a Living Will? A living will is a legal document that a person uses to make known his or her wishes regarding life prolonging medical treatments.
- Wills: Why You Need One Many people wonder if they really need a will.
- Understanding Wills While thoughts of our own mortality are never pleasant, planning for your death will ultimately help those you leave behind.