Intellectual Property Articles
- Registration and the Copyright Process In order to enforce the copyright of songs and many other intellectual properties, it will be necessary to register the copyright with the U.S. Copyright Office.
- What is a Trademark and How are They Found? A trademark is any word, name, phrase, symbol, sign, design, or packaging that is distinctive and that identifies and distinguishes the source of a particular product.
- Copyright Basics A copyright provides protection for original works of authorship, fixed in a tangible medium of expression.
- The Copyright Holder In general, only the creator of an original work (or a person which has lawfully been transferred the copyright) can register the copyright.
- Copyright Infringement In general, you have three years from the most recent infringement to bring a suit in court.
- Don't Forget Copyright Protection for Your Web Site If your business is investing a lot of money on the content, graphics and overall design in developing its website, you should give some consideration to protecting your ownership of the copyright.
- Howand Why to Protect Your Intellectual Property Protecting your intellectual property is crucial to the success of your business.
- Implementing a Plan to Protect Your Company's Trade Secrets If you are a new and growing business, part of your success may be due to the fact that you employ proprietary techniques or have information that your competitors do not. Protecting this information is essential to your continued success.
- Patent Basics A patent is a property right that allows the holder to exclude others from making, using, offering for sale, or selling the invention that is protected by the patent.
- Scope of Copyright Protection Copyright protection generally gives the owner of the copyright certain exclusive rights.
- What Works may be Protected by Copyright? Protection is available to both published and unpublished works.
View FREE Chapters of copyright/patent guides and purchase patent/copyright forms to protect your creations.
Finding a lawyer couldn't be easier! To locate a lawyer in your area choose your state, then your city and then choose a type of law relevant to your situation.